Presidents Message

With no more than a handful of games left for the club in this fall season it is time to provide an update from a personal, as well as club, level.

I have been president of this club for more than 10 years. In fact it could be 12 or even 13 but I have stopped counting. This matters not; I have decided that the time is right for me to step down from the role to allow an injection of fresh ideas and enthusiasm. This was not an easy decision, I have thoroughly enjoyed my time at the helm and look back on a number of achievements with pride. Nevertheless, with my own personal circumstances changing (that’s parent speak for I have a young kid) I have not been able to devote the time or energy that is really required to drive such a vibrant group forward.

I thank each and every person who, through time, have lent a hand, offered advice and taken on jobs that no one wanted to do. Without these dedicated individuals volunteering their personal time we would not have the structure and facilities we enjoy today. I will certainly not be leaving the club but will work on setting up the second masters team and will obviously afford my successor every assistance.

The president is elected by members in good standing at the AGM or, in the absence of an AGM, through a proxy vote. In the event there is only one candidate then the candidate will be elected by acclamation. Anyone who is foolhardy enough, brave enough but ultimately loves this game and club enough to give it a go should contact me by the end of February.

Please feel free to contact me directly if you have any questions.

Mark Austin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home